Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's for Dinner? - Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

I have officially named Pinterest the enemy. A much beloved enemy. I used to be creative before finally accepting that invitation, and now I can only peruse other people's brilliant ideas. Of course I always add my own spin and alter things here and there, but I must find a way around this. In the meantime, here is another dinner idea I got from Pinterest: a delicious homemade and healthy take on your traditional grilled cheese sammich that once again can be enjoyed by everyone in the family! My daughter just sort of squished the spinach artichoke mixture with her finger and licked the buttery toast part.  I gave her a bunch of steamed mixed veggies instead, so I guess whatever works. Maybe spinach artichoke grilled cheeses are an acquired taste for some.

~Ingredients~

3 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
8 ounces canned artichoke hearts, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
4 pieces of bread
a few pinches of Kosher salt
butter
~Directions~

1.  Heat the one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and add the minced garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
2.  Add the spinach and a pinch of Kosher salt and saute until just limp, about 1 minute.
3.  Add the artichokes and saute for another minute.
4.  Drain any liquid that might be in the pan, add the sour cream and another pinch of Kosher salt.
5.  Turn off heat and add the cheese. Stir until just melted.
6.  Butter the bread and place butter-side down. Spread generous portions of spinach-artichoke mixture onto the bread and top with other piece of bread, butter-side up.
7.  Grill until golden brown on both sides.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment