Sunday, March 11, 2012

What's for Dinner? - Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops With Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

If it seems like I'm on a Pinterest kick, it's because I am. For some it may be a time-suck, but for me it's a mecca of food ideas and earthy projects. Because I recently began working full-time for the first time since before my daughter was born, I am now on the lookout for easy, fast and filling meals that can pretty much be ready to eat either when I set foot in the door or after I put Pip down to bed. This one turned out to be so easy that I almost thought I read the recipe wrong, missing an ingredient, step, or something. But nope, it's just really that easy.  I will say though, that the packet of Ranch seasoning mix makes this dish a bit on the salty side and I'm not used to eating much salt in my dinners. It was a little overwhelming for me but I still licked the plate clean as it was just too delicious to stop eating it. Maybe next time I'll only use 3/4 of the packet. And as for the Parmesan mashed potatoes, I made them homemade as usual but just added lots of Parmesan cheese.  Pretty simple. Overall, I give this 4 out of 5 stars (one star taken out because my blood pressure spiked a tad).

~Ingredients~

6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing seasoning
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
potatoes
sour cream
Parmesan cheese (amount to your liking)
real butter
green onion garnish

~Directions~

1.  Place the pork chops in the crock pot.
2.  Sprinkle with Ranch Dressing seasoning packet.
3.  Empty the can of cream of chicken soup onto it and spread it around to cover the seasoning sprinkled pork chops.
4. Turn on high for 5 hours.
5.  Prepare mashed potatoes with your desired amount of sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter....and
VOILA!

Pip liked it too! But she couldn't eat all of it because I think it got too salty for her too...

No comments:

Post a Comment