Sunday, December 23, 2012

What's For Breakfast? - Healthy Vanilla Caramel Cinnamon Protein Pancakes!

Piper eats very healthy throughout the week so the weekend is when I let a few special treats sneak in.  The girl is addicted to pancakes and would eat them all day every day if I let her. So of course I wanted to try and make a plain 'ol pancake into something with some nutrition in it while still being super delicious. Pip also still eats very little meat and only gets her protein from yogurt, cheeses, edamame, etc. That means I pour a little whey protein powder in her milk on those days when she has avoided good sources of protein.  I have chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla caramel (her fave) in the pantry so I figured I'd put one of them to use for extra protein! I think I found the perfect balance of "yum" and "health" in these pancakes and I hope your family loves them too!

~Ingredients~

2 scoops vanilla caramel whey protein powder

2 cups quick oats (food processed into a powder)

3 tsp. Stevia

3 tsp. baking powder

3 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 cup water

6 egg whites

Non-stick cooking spray
~Directions~

1.  Combine the food-processed oats, protein powder, Stevia, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix well. Let your toddler help!
2.  Add egg whites and water. Mix well. Let your toddler help!
3.  Put the mixture in a food processor or blender and process until very thin and no large chunks remain.
4.  Spray non-stick cooking spray into some pans and make your pancakes as usual!  They will come out so lovely!
5.  Healthy AND kid-approved!

2 comments: