Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kitchen Goddess: Vacuum Cleaner Air Freshener Trick!

Lately, I've been really trying to utilize oils in any way I possibly can. Oils last so much longer than powders or sprays.  I found a nice cozy scent that makes me feel all warm and snuggly during this freezing cold weather and went from there.  Here's what you need:

Cotton ball
Essential or diffuser oil of your choice
Vacuum cleaner

Here's what to do:

The cotton ball does not need to be soaking wet, but turn the bottle over enough that the cotton ball is moderately damp.

Place in the vacuum bag on your vacuum cleaner.

The scent lasts until the vacuum bag is full and it needs to be replaced. At that time, place a new wet oil-soaked cotton ball in the new bag.  Instant air freshener AND clean carpets! Two birds, one stone! Love!

This is the diffuser oil I use for the winter time. I also love to use pure clove oil. It's a little spicier and is nice around Halloween time.

1 comment: