Thursday, November 24, 2011

THANKSGIVING RECIPE! - Classic Deviled Eggs

I know it's spur of the moment, and most of you already know how to make creamy delicious deviled eggs, but I thought I'd throw out exactly how I like to make mine in case you just can't seem to find that perfect blend of ingredients. I'm not giving myself a pat on the back (oh, who am I kidding, yes I am), but my deviled eggs are simply amazing and I hope you can take my mixture and enjoy with your family!

~Ingredients~

12 eggs, hard boiled
1/3 cup + 1/8 cup (2 Tbsp.) of Miracle Whip
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
1 tsp. dill pickle juice
4-5 drops Tabasco Sauce
splash of yellow food coloring

~Directions~

1. Cover eggs with plenty of water and bring to a boil.
2.  Boil for 3 minutes.
3.  Turn heat off and COVER, for...
 4.  20 minutes haha.
 5.  In the meantime, fill a bowl full of ice water.
 6.  When the eggs are finished boiling, used a slotted spoon to drop them into the ice water (The slotted spoon is to ensure hot water isn't transferred).
 7.  Peel eggs under cold water.
 8.  Split in half vertically.
 9.  In a medium bowl, remove egg yolks and mash into a fine powder with a fork.
 9.  Add all of the ingredients and mix well.
 10.  Spoon mixture into the empty hard boiled eggs and garnish with your favorite spices.  My personal favorites are dill weed, paprika, and celery seed.  Be sure to leave some plain in case some guests aren't fond of your spice selection.
ENJOY, AND HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We look forward to Bailey's special deviled eggs every holiday. It's fun to try one of each-like sampling really good cheeses or fine wines, for the individual scrumptiousness.

    ReplyDelete