Friday, November 4, 2011

Foodie Baby: When Raising a Foodie Baby Backfires, Part Deux

Because Piper is 15 months old, I felt she was ready to really begin expressing herself artistically. I raced to Wal-Mart today, all giddy with anticipation that I was actually entering the CRAYON AND MARKER AISLE for my daughter. I found beginners crayons made specifically for little awkward, unsteady toddler hands and just couldn't have been more jazzed.  I bought a little sketch pad the PERFECT size for her high chair tray so she could really get her creative juices flowing before meal times. Oh, I had it all worked out in my head just so.  My daughter will be an artist.  My daughter is exceptional.  She will be so talented.  Yeah.  My rose-colored glasses were practically strapped onto my shiny beaming stupid face right up until....
My super artistic exceptional and talented daughter ate the tips off and threw them across the room from her high chair, laughing and shrieking hysterically all the while.  It will be a challenge for me to instruct her on the things we don't eat.  Although the diaper may be artistic in itself. Maybe that's what she was going for. "Eau De Jackson Pollock Dans Mon Fessier."  Classy, Pip.

1 comment:

  1. Weecantooart.com is the universal leader in the supply of innovative and exclusive baby art products & baby art kit. Here you can have a glimpse of these products in a very special way to capture the exceptional print of baby's tiny hand or foot.

    ReplyDelete