Thursday, June 16, 2011

Foodie Music: Do You Like Waffles?

I doubt this category will go very far since I'm unsure how many songs there actually are about food or beverages.  Of course, you can always turn any song into one about food by simply being the kitchen goddess (or complete dork) that you are by substituting cooking terms where the usual lyric should be. Here is an example I made up in the tune of James Taylor's "Fire and Rain:"

"Oh, I've seen fire and cellophane,
I've seen pots and pans on the stove just catch a'flame,
I've seen lonely times when I tossed it down the drain,
But I always thought that you'd eat it again."

But at any rate, here is the ridiculous video I found yesterday as I was searching for "Peanut Butter Jelly Time."  I introduce to you "Do You Like Waffles?" by Parry Gripp.

No comments:

Post a Comment